Dear Little Flower Family,
As news broke yesterday of Gov. DeSantis’ stay-at-home order, there was some confusion and miscommunication. As the order stands, churches are allowed to keep their doors open and serve their people as best as possible while still following the Federal guidelines of social distancing and groups under 10 people. With that Little Flower’s day-to-day practice over the last few weeks will continue for the foreseeable future:
- The church’s side-door closest to the parish hall will remain unlocked from 7am-2:30pm Monday through Friday for private visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Again, please respect the 6 ft. social distancing practice and less than 10 in the church at any one time.
- Our office will continue to open M-F at 9am.
- Confessions will continue to be available by appointment. You may contact the office at 850-455-5641.
- We will still be accepting offertory contributions in one of three ways: a basket will still be available in the lobby of parish office during business hours for you to drop off, they can still be mailed to 6495 Lillian Highway, Pensacola, FL 32506, and as always online giving can be set up at https://www.ptlittleflower.org/giving/
- Our parish Facebook page will continue to be a source of communication and resources
Last of all, this Sunday is Palm Sunday and the start of Holy Week. In many ways, our entire Holy Week will be like an experience of Holy Saturday. Holy Saturday is the only day of the year where no Sacraments are celebrated period (unless it is last rites in the serious danger of death). This day of ‘drought’ is meant to communicate the Church’s mourning as Christ is dead and has descended into Hell on Holy Saturday. Let this strange moment be a precious one though as our days and weeks begin to mimic Holy Saturday. Since Masses will not be available on Palm Sunday to a congregation, we will bless our palms and make them available for pickup in front of the church altar on Sunday morning from 8am to Noon. Any remaining palms would also be available during the week during the normal hours the church is open. Please, please, please, be loving toward others who may want palms as well. Please take only what you NEED so that there are enough for all of our parishioners.
I’ll be flying out Saturday morning, but I do look forward to being back in July to see all your faces in the pews! Please, God!