Dear Little Flower Parish Family,
Bishop Bill has for now lifted the suppression of public Masses in our Diocese beginning Wednesday, May 6th. That being said, there are still strict guidelines that must be followed if public Masses are to be offered. These primarily relate to the number of people allowed in a church and the need to maintain social distancing. For this reason, it will NOT be possible for anyone and everyone to attend Sunday Mass so the dispensation from the requirement to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect.
Daily Mass Schedule
This is a new situation for all of us, so please be patient with us as we determine the best system to ensure everyone who would like access to Mass and other Sacraments receives it. For now the plan for Little Flower is as follows: Daily Mass Monday through Saturday will be at 9:00am and will be on a first come, first serve basis.
The timing is a little later than our typical time to allow for an opportunity to sanitize surfaces. There is a max capacity limit of approximately 50 people within the church. If the usher(s) close the doors and turn people away, it is because there are no more open seats available. It is not personal, so please be understanding. To be clear: our first daily public Mass will begin again on Wednesday, May 6th at 9:00am.
Weekend Mass Schedule
Sunday Masses will be Sunday morning at 8:30am and 10:30am. Because we expect a greater demand to attend these Masses, and the capacity limit is still in place, we will arrange for Sunday Mass attendance by lottery. If you as an individual, family, or household are interested in attending a Sunday Mass, please contact the parish office:
- By phone at 850-455-5641 ex: 7002. Leave a message with your name, best contact number, and the number who would be attending Mass (including yourself) from your family/household.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, best contact number, and the number who would be attending Mass (including yourself) from your family/household.
- Or stop by the Parish Office and fill out the roster during regular business hours.
Each week we will use a lottery method to determine those who can attend the 8:30 or 10:30 Sunday Mass, and will be in contact with you to confirm.
General rules for all Mass attendance (Sunday or daily) at Little Flower:
Surface areas will be sanitized between all services and openings of the church to the public.
1. All attendees MUST wear a facemask or covering while in the church. It may only be removed for the reception of Holy Communion. This is a requirement from the Bishop. Therefore if it is not obeyed by everyone, the person will be asked to leave.
2. Only clergy will be distributing Communion and they will be doing so while wearing masks. The chalice will not be made available during Communion time.
3. The normal opportunities for liturgical ministry (EMHCs, Lectors, Altar Servers, Sacristans, Ushers, etc.) will be reduced or eliminated for now for the sake of public health.
4. Offertory baskets will not be passed through the church. Instead a basket will be made available in the area of the sanctuary for people to drop their offering in.